The Thymio is a small robot which will allow you to discover the universe of robotics and learn a robot’s language. You will be able to program it and carry out numerous experiments. With Thymio, the basics of robotics and programming become notions everyone can discover, whatever their age.
- The Thymio Wireless comes with a wireless module.
— this allows you to keep a constant connection with your robot.
- The Thymio can talk.
— this is achieved using voices stored on a micro SD card located at the rear of the robot.
- The Thymio has a 3-axis accelerometer.
— this allows the Thymio to determine its angle. It can even balance itself on a moving ball.
- The Thymio has RGB LEDs mounted around it’s body.
— this allows colourful displays.
- The Thymio is designed to be compatible with Lego pieces.
— this allows the Thymio to be used as the brain within a Lego structure.
■ Programming Environments
Visual programming (Age 6+)
Visual programming is a component of Aseba. It has been specially designed to make programming Thymio easier by visually assembling event and action blocks.
Blockly programming (Age: 9+)
Developed by Google, Blockly is an ideal bridge between a visual and a text programming language. Assemble visual blocks that have the power of text programming.
Scratch programming (Age: 9+)
Asebascratch is a software link between Scratch 2 and the Thymio-II robot, with which one can drive (teleoperate) the Thymio-II using programs written in Scratch 2. Its development is in progress.
Text programming (Age: 12+)
Aseba Studio is a component of Aseba designed to program robots such as Thymio through text. It allows a higher level of control than visual programming.
- Comes out of its box already assembled
- Includes 6 pre-programmed behaviours
- Possesses a hole between the wheels to hold a pen or pencil
- Can follow a black line made simply by drawing or printing it
- A hook behind the robot can be used to pull a trailer
- Can be charged using a USB-microUSB charger (for smartphone for example) or simply by connecting it to a computer
- MicroSD card slot (record internal data, music or complete program)
- Very resistant to shock
■ Package Contents
|Wireless Thymio robot||
|USB cable for charge and programming||
|USB dongle for remote programming||