The Wink Robot is a learning platform designed for kids, students, and grownups to take their very first steps into written programming code. You’ll learn the basics of the C language in an easy and non-complicated way.
- Suitable for ages 8+ and younger if working with a grownup
- Teachers LOVE the excellent free Wink lesson series
- No prior code experience necessary for students or teachers
- Ideal for classroom instruction and workshops
- Use free Arduino software for code
- Basic smarts for light seeking, line following, and barrier detection
- Arduino UNO Processor
- Ninja Style Agility
- 4 Bottom Edge & Line Following Sensors
- 2 RGB LED Eyes (NeoPixel lights)
- Barrier Detection
- 3 Ambient / IR Light Sensors
- 1 IR LED Transmitters
- On-board Automatic Battery Charging
■ Programming Wink is Easy!
Wink gets kids (and grownups) doing something interesting right away. Throughout our free lesson series, students are continually driven toward doing something interesting. We skip the dry details and keep them engaged, while learning the key concepts of the C language along the way.
Here is a quick example of how a Wink program works. This simple example drives Wink in a triangle while changing his eye color along the way:
The eyesPink(70) function turns the robot’s eyes pink, with a brightness of 70.
The motors(120,120) function drives the left and right motors forward at 120 speed.
The delay(300) function allows the motors to run for 300 milliseconds before the next line of code runs.
Next we change the eye color to green.
By setting the right motor speed to negative 120 it spins in the reverse direction, causing Wink to spin to the right in his own footprint.
Spin for 200 milliseconds, then the function repeats at the top.
■ Package Contents
|Wink robot (fully assembled)|
|Pre-loaded example behavior|