The UST-05LA Scanning Laser Rangefinder is a small, accurate, high-speed device for obstacle detection and localization of autonomous robots and automated material handling systems. This model includes both USB and RS422 interface for area configuration and communication. It can obtain measurement data in a wide field of view up to a distance of 5 meters with millimeter resolution. Due to its low power consumption, this scanner is able to be used on battery-operated platforms.
- Small, accurate, high-speed scanning laser range finder
- Obstacle detection and localization of autonomous robots
- Emits pulsed laser beams within a 270° field of view
- Light source: Laser semiconductor (905nm)
- Scan speed: 25ms (Motor speed 2400rpm)
- Accuracy: 60mm to 5000mm (±40mm)
■ Operation Principle
The UST-05LA is a scanning laser range finder. The sensor emits pulsed laser beams within a 270° field of view. When the emitted laser beams are reflected back from an object, its distance is measured by applying the Time-of-Flight (TOF) principle. The sensor has 541 measurement steps with a 0.5° pitch.
The user can preset up to 31 area patterns in the sensor. Each area has 3 outputs; Output 1, Output 2 and Output 3 (see image below). When the sensor detects an object in the area, corresponding outputs are switched to an OFF state. User can obtain the measurement data from the sensor using SCIP communication protocol .